First Thursday Urban Adventure Run
Join us on the first Thursday of each month, March- September, for the largest fun run in the country — free! Every run begins at 6 pm in front of our NW Portland store, located at 2258 NW Raleigh Street.
NEWS UPDATE - The First Thursday Urban Adventure Run is not going away! What DID go away are all the parking lots near to the store! They've been sold and the new owners don't want us to use them. So ... we are busily investigating every other option. What is for sure is that we won't be able to hold one in March. We plan to start the 2015 season in April. We'll post a news update as soon as we have one.
In our 600-person citywide version of the scavenger hunt, you’ll run or walk your way through Portland and rack up raffle tickets for chances to win prizes from our sponsors. At the end, hang out and relax with a beer and take in some tunes.We’ll give you a list of checkpoints and let you loose. The rules are simple:
- At 6 p.m., two large maps featuring around a dozen event checkpoints are revealed.
- The course covers NW Portland, Downtown Portland and close-in areas of the east side.
- Take notes, go to the Fit Right Facebook page or snap pictures of the map. You’ll need them to find your way.
- Hit as many checkpoints as possible in one hour. How you get there is up to you.
- Score raffle tickets at each checkpoint. More tickets equal more chances to win.
- Get back by 7:00 p.m. to enter your tickets in the drawing.
- When you’re done, have a beer, listen to great music and meet new friends.
Venue for 2015: TBD
First Thursday Urban Adventure Runs take place from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Suggested arrival time is 5:30 p.m.
Limited parking will be available only in yellow marked spaces in the parking lot West of the event venue. Volunteers will help direct you.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Safety– Please obey all traffic laws and be respectful to the local residents and other pedestrians sharing the sidewalks and roadways.