Join our team of FFRC Run Leaders for 2019. We are looking for experienced runners who have the skills to take Portland area runners to new levels in their training. Review the job description and requirements below. If this sounds like you and you'd like to share your passion for running with other runners from beginner to advanced levels, please complete our application process below.
FFRC Run Leader
Responsible for leading organized, professional, high level workouts for Fleet Feet Run Club members, with a passion for helping all FFRC members to be healthier and more fit. In so doing, contribute to Fleet Feet PNW’s overall position as the leading specialty running retailer in the greater Northwest.
- Work closely with FFRC Lead to align with training schedule laid out by Fleet Feet PNW FFRC.
- Act as an ambassador for Fleet Feet PNW with an understanding of our customer service approach by connecting participants to in-store staff and wearing Fleet Feet PNW products.
- Run a timely, organized workout, including but not limited to planning pace groups and routes, setting up aid stations and course markers, and setting up and managing check in/out.
- Communicate clearly about location changes, injury incidents or accidents, and any other FFRC participant questions and needs.
- Enforce road safety rules and take full responsibility for entire group, leaving no runner behind.
- Be a constant learner and collaborator, reflecting the core values of the ownership and organization in their contribution to our training groups culture.
- Other duties as required and directed by Fleet Feet PNW to ensure the continued success of the Fleet Feet brand. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described above.
- CPR, First Aid, or AED certified.
- Available evenings and weekends.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with an ability to work well independently.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a positive, non-competitive environment for people of all fitness levels and abilities.
- Participation in race types and distances targeted by FFRC workouts.
- RRCA, USATF certification or personal training background preferred.
- Reports into FFRC Lead.
- 1-7 hours depending on distance and total number of coached workouts.
- Includes Run Leader uniform and employee discount.
- $15/session or DOE.
If this sounds like you, please email an employment application. If you have a resume, attach that too. Please email everything to Jessicah Travis, FFRC Lead. No phone calls please.
NOTE: If you are currently a Fleet Feet PDX employee, please click HERE for your application.