Join our Fleet Feet PDX Mentor Team! Our next FREE training is Sunday, January 21st at Fleet Feet Sports Portland, 4:30-6:30pm.
Mentors play an important role in ensuring a great experience for our training program participants. Do you have what it takes to be a Fleet Feet Sports Mentor? We are currently looking for run and run/walk mentors for our ongoing training groups ranging from 5K to the half marathon.
The Fleet Feet Sports Mentor Team is a passionate group of walk and run mentors who help people reach their goals of walking and running.
What is a Mentor?
A Mentor is an invaluable resource to our training program participants and an "on the road" representative of Fleet Feet Sports Portland, Lake Oswego & Vancouver. Mentors attend every group workout throughout a training program to provide support. Their main responsibilities include:
- offering positive energy and a positive attitude to the group
- promoting safety and providing support during workouts
- keeping an assigned approximate pace or interval while walking or running
- running alongside participants and making sure everyone is accounted for
- educating participants about the benefits, products and solutions that Fleet Feet Sports offers
- calling on their past personal experiences to provide knowledge, advice, and general tips when it comes to training and living healthy
- Can motivate and inspire others in a positive manner
- Has completed at least 2 races at your desired distance.
- Is able to attend 80% of all twice-weekly training workouts
- Is able to attend the groups goal race
- Will relay critical information, suggestions and concerns to the Head Coach
- Is willing to run for the purpose of mentoring and not for your own workout (during group/race runs)
- Can maintain a desired pace or has access to GPS watch for pace guidance
- Is a people person and has a desire to help others achieve their goals
- Willing to be a Fleet Feet Sports PDX store ambassador
- Attend Mentor Trainings. Next Mentor Training: Sunday, January 21, 2018 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- Can meet with Coaches prior to the start of the new session (if needed)
What distances can I mentor for?:
- 5k Finish/5k Fast, run/walk program (No Boundaries)
- Half Marathon
- Full Marathon
- Trail Running
- Warm fuzzy feeling from knowing that you made a difference in someone's running and/or walking
- Free entry into the training program you are mentoring
- Free entry into the program goal race (with 80% attendance of the program)
- Special Mentor In-store discount for duration of program
- Post-training program party
Click Here to fill out our Mentor Application.
Program Start: On going. Mentor applications being accepted now!
Program Schedule: Full Year of Training Programs to choose from. Next Mentor Training: Sunday, January 21, 2018 4:30pm - 6:30pm
Program Fee: Free....we train you to help us inspire Spokane to a fit lifestyle through running.
Description: Help others fall in love with running and meeting their goals...Be A Mentor! If you are interested in Mentoring with Fleet Feet Sports please review the details and fill out a Mentor Application.