Interested in joining our team of coaches? What we look for:
Are you a certified running coach and have experience coaching runners? Are you an experienced runner and are highly informed about training concepts? Do you enjoy working with runners of all levels, whether it be their first 5K or helping them to get to a PR in their next marathon? If so, you might be who we're looking for to join our coaching team. The ideal coach will:
- RRCA or USATF certification preferred
- Possess a minimum of one year of coaching adult runners in a group environment and/or significant running experience
- Be hugely passionate about running and want to share your knowledge with others so they become as passionate about running as you are
- Have excellent communication skills and be comfortable talking in front of large groups of people
- Understand the foundation of and be able to articulate the concepts associated with coaching runners: pacing, sport nutrition, hydration & heat management, running form, proper mileage increases
- Be comfortable and enjoy working with individuals of all levels
- We have Walking, Introductory 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon, and trail running programs available
- Locations: Portland, OR, Vancouver, WA, Lake Oswego, OR
- Must be available to coach one weeknight and Saturday or Sunday mornings for the duration of the program
- Coach training is provided to ensure consistency in our training program series
- The coaching positions are paid hourly; rates depend on coaching experience
Join the Fleet Feet Sports PDX coaching team and become part of an exciting series of programs that enable runners to have a great team with which to develop their running skills and find a passion for running! Interested? Email Training Program Manager Holly!
Description: Calling all coaches! We want YOU to inspire our runners!